Friday, April 1, 2011


We stood on the edge of the universe in the parking lot watching the people in theirs cars doing things allowed by the darkness of the night. It was silent. I exhaled a little bit too loudly unsure of what to say and you smiled that rare sideways smile that makes me feel like you know exactly what I am thinking and that I merely amuse you. I sat down. You stayed standing and you looked like you were ten thousand feet tall making me feel so small and insignificant. I examined the curves of your body. Shapes lines designs that became you. You sat down. We became equal. Neither of us knew what to say but both knowing our desires. I opened my mouth. You did too. We spoke words, that we both understood, in the same language for once. The specifics were unclear, irrelevant. You spoke secrets from the ground. For once, you were serious. I listened. You were ashamed. Then there was nothing left to say nothing to acknowledge or observe there was only awareness. Awareness of the barking dogs and the cold hard ground and the flickering lights of the greasy fast food place across the street. Most importantly, we had awareness for eachohter. unEase uncertainty fumbling in the dark was gone. We remained in our human forms untransformed but accepting it all for What It Was. It seemed like years passed as we both sat waiting when finally, simultaneously, Contact.

No comments:

Post a Comment